nourish, simplicity, beauty
eat well, laugh often, love much
I am Ankie Niesing, founder of Wooden Spoon Kitchen, an online food blog for those who can, can’t and won’t cook. Simple, wholefood made easy. If you are overwhelmed and under-inspired in the kitchen, I know how you feel. As I am nearing the end of my thirties I want to live a beautiful, sustainable and simple life.
I will focus on my blog, recipe development, food photography and creating online resources to help you be more comfortable in the kitchen. I will also create more content regarding living a more sustainable, zero-waste lifestyle and how to simplify your life, home and kitchen to bring a sense of calm and order.
my food philosophy
As a real foodie I find it very hard to only choose one diet path but here are some points of my food philosophy.
- Like Michael Pollent said: ”Eat Food, not too much, mostly plants.
- Limit sugar intake, I rather only have cake once in a while, but when I do I enjoy it. I don’t use any artificial sugars and only stick to unrefined sugars like dates, honey and coconut sugar. Life and diet are all about balance.
- When eating meat, eggs and dairy I stick to good quality organic products but I also try to limit my dairy intake and make my own nut and oat milk when I have time.
- I include a lot of beans and pulses in my diet and eat a plant-based whole food diet.
- I plan my meals around vegetables and what is in season and if you are lucky enough to buy from farmers or organic that is always the best way to go.
- I cook 90% of our meals and very rarely eat processed food