This recipe is perfect for those following a grain-free or paleo diet, and it’s loaded with coconut, nuts, and seeds for a satisfying crunch. And only takes 5 minutes to make in a frying pan.
- 2 cups (100g) coconut flakes
- 1 cup (150g) mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (80g) pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil (butter, olive oil and any nut butter could be used)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp honey or maple suryp
- Preheat Your Frying Pan: Start by heating a large frying pan over medium heat. Make sure it’s big enough to spread out the ingredients evenly.
- Dry Roast the Coconut Flakes: Add the coconut flakes to the dry, hot frying pan. Stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes until they turn golden brown. Be attentive as coconut can easily burn. Once done, transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Toast the Nuts and Seeds: In the same frying pan, add the mixed nuts and pumpkin seeds. Toast them for about 2-3 minutes until they become fragrant and slightly golden. Stir frequently to prevent burning. When ready, combine them with the toasted coconut flakes.
- Mix in the Wet Ingredients: Reduce the heat to low, and add the coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt and honey to the nut and seed mixture. Stir everything together until it’s well combined and coated. Stir until golden brown and caramelised.
- Cool and Store: Allow your grain-free granola to cool completely in the frying pan. It will stick to gether a little. But just break it up. Once cooled, transfer it to an airtight container or a glass jar. It will stay fresh for up to two weeks (if it lasts that long!).
- Serve and Enjoy: Spoon this delightful granola over yogurt, with milk, or even as a crunchy topping for your smoothie bowl. You can also add dried fruits, such as raisins or cranberries, for an extra burst of flavor.
Always be mindful when toasting nuts and coconut, as they can burn easily. Keep a close eye on them to achieve that perfect golden color without any burnt bits.
Other ingredient ideas, raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, dates, hempseeds, chia seeds and buckwheat
Keywords: breakfast, healthy, quick, granola, delicous