Supperclub with Pauli’s and Zandvliet
This was our third supper club and we had a wonderful evening of cooking, eating, drinking wine and chatting. We got to meet the makers and heard the stories behind their brands. The dessert was almost a midnight feast but we will blame that on good conversations.
Pauli’s sauces were the inspiration for this very festive table with the design of their Brinjali jar. A little bit of Mexican influence with vibrant colours because all the dishes we made had some spice in them and we made Churros for desert. I used a few DIY’s to set this table.
- Plant succulents in old pretty tins and finish of with a few small stones.
- Make your own pom pom bunting I used the fork method follow this easy D.I.Y from SuzelleDIY
- Use large chilies for name tags, just use a white paint marker to write the names of the guests
- Buy different coloured flowers and arrange in different glass jars and arrange on the tables.
- I also sewed colourfull polycotton napkins for an extra colour pop on each table setting.
- We knew the evening was going to be chili so we made sure we had enough wood for the firepit.
Clemen gold gin
Pauli’s antipasto platter
Butternut and brinjal soup and honey spiced croutons
Pauli’s something hotter Thai curry
with a garlic and coriander naan bread paired with
Zandvliet Sauvignon blanc & Zandvliet Shiraz
Churros with dulce de leche and chocolate sauce paired with Zandvliet VLW Shiraz (Port)
Bunting always ads a fun factor to a table setting and these pom poms are super easy to make and can also be used on other projects.
These sauces are so versatile and we used it in a Brinjal and butternut soup and also a Thai red curry. You can also make a great brunch with some anytime brinjal and peppers sauce, add a handful of spinach and cook with eggs and finish off with goats cheese, extra chili flakes and fresh coriander. They are super handy to keep in the cupboard with no preservatives and additives and they are doing great work sourcing ingredients from local farmers.
Zandvliet and Clemen gold gin
It was such a pleasure to have Zandvliet and Clemongold gin on board again and having a class of wine in the hand does turn our little party up a notch. What I love about Zandvliet is that it is such an approachable and easy to drink wine and all the wine and food pairings complimented each other but was also not to descriptive.