Super easy pumpkin muffin, ideal for lunchboxes and afternoon snack because of high protein and fibre content.
3 cups spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
3/4 cups coconut sugar or brown sugar
A handful of chopped walnuts or pecan nuts (optional)
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup full cream yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners
2. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl including the nuts
3. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl
4. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Try to give it only 20 stirs.
5. Scoop the mixture with 2 tablespoons into the muffin cases. Only filling until 3/4 full.
6. Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle on each muffin
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until a skewer or toothpick comes out clean
8. Leave to cool down.
Keywords: Pumpkin muffins, lunchbox, baking