These nutbars are so delicious and easy to make. They require no baking and are great for snacks or lunchboxes.
You will need a strong food processor to make them. Because the dates need to be blitzed to a paste and you also want to break up your nuts so they are not too chunky. So cutting them is a bit easier.
You can use all your favourite nut combinations but you will need about 2 cups of nuts. I used Eat Naked nuts, honey and almond butter. All their products taste amazing because it is NAKED, NO PRESERVATIVES, NO ADDITIVES and is produced in a SUSTAINABLE WAY and taste amazing, Buy them from any Dischem.
The bars is refined sugar-free and also contain no grains. To improve the taste it is best to roast all the nuts and seeds first it improves the flavour greatly!
This is what you will need to make these yummy bars, most of the ingredients will be in your pantry anyway.
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup flaxseeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup desiccated coconut
150g dates (+water to boil)
2 tbs raw honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs any nut butter
1. Place nuts, seeds and coconut in a baking tin and roast for 10 minutes on 180’C. Checking and stirring often until nuts turn golden brown.
2. Place dates in 500ml water and boil for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Blitz halve of the nuts and seeds in a food processor into smaller chunks. Make sure all nuts are broken into smaller pieces.
4. Drain all water from dates and blend in food processor until a smooth paste forms. Add cinnamon, vanilla, honey and nutbutter. Mix again.
5. Mix nuts, coconut, and seeds in large mixing bowl. Add date mixture and stir through with hands. Until nuts are sticky and covered.
6. Press into a greased and lined 29cmx 19cm tin. Size will depend on how thick you want bars.
7. Place in fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
8. Cut into bars or squares. Store in fridge
Use the #woodenspoonkitchenrecipes